So I am trying to figure out how to bring this up appropriately without being perceived as bragging or whatever. There are 4 other rising 6th graders in our small neighborhood. I want to tell them now (dd is out of town for a week) so if there is discussion about it they can get that out of the way before she gets back, and so that questions can be asked and answered if they have any and she won't be in an awkward situation. It would be wierd to *not* say anything and just have her suddenly be in 7th when school starts.

I thought I could say, truthfully, that because she is old for grade and had been working 1 yr. ahead since she started at Montessori, that we could have had her declared a 6th grader and start at the middle school when we moved, but that seemed too much of a change, and the school agreed that she would do well with a skip in the fall. Please pass the bean dip.

That sounds reasonable, right? Hoping it is fine. There seems to be tons of red-shirting of the "we don't push our kids" variety. There are also though some clearly gifted moms and kids (the one I like the most is in some deep gifted denial).

Thanks!