Hmmm, very interesting about the sign language idea. That might be a very good idea, because even now she sort of regresses and will do things like point and shake her head, etc., looking like a very frustrated toddler. Maybe if she could just have the sign language to do, it would be socially acceptableand allow her to communicate what she needs when she's in these environments. I'll look into that. Thanks!

I asked her OT about auditory therapy but she didn't know much, she said I should think of ways to desensitize her, but DH is worrid by that since DD has such a good ear for music. I think there is an auditory department at the children's hospital, and there is a therapy program at a place nearby that is like a complex for all sorts of services (it started out a long time ago as an orphanage and unwed mother's home but they have tons of services now for all sorts of things).

The thing that freaks me out the most is how she'll get left behind when there is a loud bunch...the "herd" moves on and she's just left there in her own world when she doesn't hear a command. Even her teacher left her outside on the playground last year, locked out of the school. DD still blames herself when it was the teacher who was irresponsible. There has been too much negative attention on her poor "listening skills" even though we've spoken to the school about her issues.

I'll tack it on again to any findings we present from our private testing coming up in May. The kindergarten testing is old now so it's time to get something updated.

Thanks much guys.