Tester used the WISC-III. Really. I am meeting with the school psychologist hopefully today to see what the school can offer in terms of testing. Our local school does not have a good track record with special needs and a terrible track record with 2e kids. We are looking at our options.

Through our local university library I was able to get some useful information on the reliability of the scatter on the WISC-III test. The perceptual subtest scatter range was found in half of all the normed (gifted and non-gifted) testers. However, the Verbal Comprehension range was found in less than 3% of all the normed testers. So, it is clinically significant.

So, my next question is, with severe processing deficits, is the WJ-III abilities test going to be any more accurate? Does it have something similar to the GIA for the WISC-IV?

BTW, the reason the tester is not at all confident with the IQ score (barely below gifted) is that with his terrible processing he is still at the top kindergarten student in not only his class, but the school. He has learned to read and can do above-level math. She said he is compensating with his intelligence for his LD.