Our school won't accept the WISC-III either. They said they will need more testing to see if he qualifies for any services - gifted or LD. I did not pay a whole lot for the test, fortunately, but I guess I got what I paid for.

One good thing about all this, is that I learned what questions to ask DGS to find out what's going on his head. Like, "Can you hear all the noise on the playground at recess?" He said he has trouble hearing when it's noisy and then piped in, while playing a video game, "I can't hear my teacher call my name in class either!"

We were talking about what he sees when "his mind goes crazy" and he said all kinds of pictures run through his mind. I then learned a little later that when he sees the word 'cat' he sees a picture of a cat with the letters on it in his head.

So at least because of the testing and his school problems, I'm learning to communicate with him in new ways. He seemed relieved when he could tell me about the hearing and the "mind goes crazy." So there is almost always a silver lining in everything.