We got DGS6 tested and got the results today. The tester used WISC III instead of WISC IV and his scores are all over the map. I was told that the WISC III is not very reliable for 6yo? Is that true?

Tester wants to redo the test with Woodcock Johnson III both the cognitive and achievement. Does it test the same things, is it better for younger children? I researched the WISC IV and then found out she did III and feel a little lost. Also, she believes it (maybe vastly) underestimated his actual IQ due to very low processing speed. e.g. Similiarities score was 19, but information was 7. Picture Arrangement was 17, Coding was 7. His processing speed calculated at the 3rd percentile! But his overall perceptual reasoning was in the 82nd percentile with the low coding score figured in.

We are being referred for further testing for ASD, ADHD or dyslexia. She believes he has an LD of some type that is keeping us from accurately testing his IQ. He exhibited a very short attention span, but she was able to keep him on task fairly well. She also said he is very young and may be a late bloomer in terms of test taking.

So, my questions:
What does Woodcock Johnson test that WISC does not?
Where do we go from here? I went for answers and came back with more questions, and no real answers.

Leahchris