Originally Posted by simplegifts
I sure wish J. Robert Oppenheimer had grown up a farmhand instead of building the H-bomb. That China was more about noodles and kite-flying than running democracy advocates over with mechanical war machines. Tanks for the memories...

I've seen The Terminator enough times to know we have to protect little John Connor from the Schwarzenazis at Micro$oft and their sociopathic 'ceps of steel. shocked

Oppenheimer was a highly literate, sensitive, and humane man who decided to build the bomb to stop Fascism. He was a great leader. The bomb saved millions of American and Japanese lives and kept the Soviet Empire from plunging us into another world war.

The Terminator series is dark fantasy.

The people at Apple and Microsoft are good people who are deeply concerned about turning out good products. The advent of the computer has saved millions of lives and made our lives much better.

My own personal life has run the gamut from growing up in wilderness to living and working with the most advanced technology there is. When I was 12, I was reading Homer in the morning, hiking and hunting all day in the mountains, and programming at night.

I do not think technology separates us from the world. That is a decision that people make. And people separated themselves from the world long before we even had steam power.

Last edited by Austin; 01/23/12 08:10 AM.