Confession and my own very invalid opinion.

I've got my "nose buried in my iPhone all day". �My husband complains about it. �Well, he calls it making an observation. �I think it's just rude. �He doesn't get to say much about it, just that one phrase "nose glued to the phone". �I don't defend myself and we don't really argue about it. �We're not young. �We're pretty old. �

He did make me feel a little bad about it until I remembered I've always been this way. �It used to be a book instead of a phone. �I realized that one time when I thought about saying �"fine, cut the stupid phone off just so you'll stop saying that stupid line." Then I realized I would just replace the phone with a book. �Then I realized how rude he's being "just making an observation" (aka a complaint) about a personality trait that is really just how I've always been. �

Guess what. �That used to always be a book. �My mom nagged me constantly saying, "you can't read a book and watch tv at the same time." why?!��

That's a compromise. �See if he'll switch to a handheld video game. �Tell him to sit and play it in the girl's room and at the park. �It fits in your back pocket for a few minutes to interact and stay connected with the kids, instead of glued to the couch. �It's the difference between being glued to the �screen or being slightly adhered.

I'm not saying it's the best practice or the developmental theory research, it's just how I feel. �Besides I have different beliefs and values about truth and fiction and pixels and censorship and screens in general.

I have advice for great screen stuff for your kid or educational things your guy could do with your kid, if this thread turns that direction. �HtH, signed,��a video game vegetable a bookworm.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar