I'm not sure what I posted last... but I think things have gotten a bit better. I realized the other day DD changed a lot in the two months I was feverishly working, so I've backed off on work.

I work from home so I can be with her, so I need to make sure I am doing that. I've been waking up at 7am every morning now to work for a few hours before DH and daughter wake up and then I work for a few more.

Today I managed to make some amazing homemade soup and we made bread together! It was great. I spent a few hours downstairs with DD tonight while DH played his games upstairs. It was good. Hopefully I can figure this work life balance thing out. If I can give him free time, he will probably be happier to spend time with her when she's with him. We both need a change of pace. (Of course, he is starting classes again soon and that makes him a bit miserable. Calculus, Database management, Visual Basic, Art History. Ahh fun fun. He won't be getting much down time to play games.)

And to those of you who said I can't change him and such... you would be correct. I knew he was this way when I married him... and it is no deal breaker. I know women whose husbands do worse / more obnoxious things, like go out to bars and leave them home with the kids.

Thank you for all the advice! A lot of the points you all made really made me think.

Last edited by islandofapples; 01/04/12 09:41 PM.