master-I guess I'm not sure that's what is best? I'm not, by nature, a person to second guess myself. I am satisfied with the way DD is in her home and most other environments and have had to remind myself many times that that is proof I'm a good mom...when all the problems are at school, that must mean school IS the problem, right? I just realized that even at last week's SST, I STILL feel like they are blaming me, trying to tell me to control her behavior. And they want to reinforce what the desire with rewards, instead of exploring more challenging work or some other school related change...the teacher also said DD refuses to do the challenging work she is sometimes presented, but maybe that is part of the problem too? Do they expect her to turn it on and off? Why isn't there ALWAYS more challenging work? They have harped on how they "can't" give her more challenging work until she does the basic, even though their own test score show she is capable of much more...but until we have some more indepth testing and assesment from the psych, I don't have much to take to the school to back me up. Honestly, I don't even know what kind of material I should be giving her...

The psych we will see specializes in gifted and 2e kids, and we briefly discussed schooling options...the "waiting" is the hardest part...I need the psych's report before I take drastic action...also, the school is a magnet, so I'm worried that just pulling her out will affect our ability to chose another in the future, like a black mark? If we go to the neighborhood school, they are on year round track (which is why I didn't want to go there in the first place), so I want her going in after a break...if I just stop bringing DD to school, they will send a truant officer to our house, I'm not kidding...

Depending on how much time we need to spend at the psych's, I am thinking of getting a contract. We have to formally tell our school that the kid will be out for more than a day or two and arrange to get their work for the week. I know about it because of the crap storm I got when I let DH take both girls to Vermont to visit him mom who had just been diagnosed with cancer. It was Feb and DD was in kindergarden! A contract might give me a chance to test homeschooling...

I work from home, so that makes homeschooling possible, but I'm not sure if I'm up to that challenge? I need to work as well...

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...