as far as their learning environment. Like, do you homeschool because they asked for it and you can accomodate that? Do you ask them what they would like their classroom to be like, then try to push the school to change that?

I'm confused because I feel like our school is saying that DD8 has to learn to "get along" and "behave" and "do her work" like the rest of the kids, but, as the same time, she is obviously NOT like the rest and we are spending time asking her what rewards she would like for completing work. Aren't these conflicting messages?

The psych pulled her out of class to talk to her and set up some things and rewards but even the rewards DD asked for don't seem to be motivating her. Then they ask me what does she have to say about school (not much, btw) but at the same time they are saying that she can't be in control of the environment or something?

The school counselor also suggested that she is using the possiblity of switching schools like a manipulation, but if a kid is so bothered by noise and does fine when it's quiet, why wouldn't I try to find a quieter place for her? Also, she cried when I brought it up, but only because of friends, not the classroom or teacher...

I already told them that they psycholgist I talked to said the 2/3 split (not GT and she's in 3) was a terrible idea and she hasn't even MET my DD yet! But the school didn't want to hear that. So what's the point if they aren't going to listen?

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...