I agree with aculady--honestly I just don't think the Connors does a good job at getting at inattentive add in a gifted kid and I would want to go ahead NOW and get the full neuropsych eval--I just don't trust the regular ped. to have the expertise to get this right. Your son sounds a lot like I was. I was identified as gifted but not challenged enough, and as an adult I concluded I also have ADD inattentive/executive function issues. (And my brother, father, and cousins have similar stories) So I think ADD could for sure be a factor. But I also know that starting as early as 4th grade I didn't turn in/complete work not because of executive function issues but because I thought it was so completely stupid/boring/meaningless. So it is good to get this sorted out now before he gets further--fwiw I think my executive function skills would have improved with an appropriate challenge.

edited to add: just saw the "in a fog" comment--yes, this could be ADD inattentive--but it is really hard to pay attention and not be in a fog if you are bored out of your mind because the work is too easy.

Last edited by deacongirl; 10/20/11 08:22 AM.