Hi All, after years of suspecting we had an issue, we finally had our ds (13) and in 8th grade tested. He was found to have a high IQ, (which we had suspected) and low processing speed. We haven't met with the psychologist yet but have had such a horrible week at school that I need some input asap. My son for several years has maintained decent grades (mostly a's and some b's) despite an ongoing issue with completing homework, then forgetting to turn it in. This past week I discovered he had 4 missing assignments, and our school has a zero policy for missing/late work. When I discovered it, I emailed the teacher and set up a meeting for that day, immediately after school. In the meeting, my son searched for and found all 4 missing and completed assignments in various places (desk, locker, organizer.) The teacher could not have been less sympathetic and essentially told him it was time to grow up and take responsibility. This same teacher is writing his high school application recommendations. Could low processing speed have anything to do with him missing the cues to turn in assignments? What is going on here? She says he is often in fog and not paying attention. Any thoughts are very much appreciated. I'm just starting to learn what processing speed is. I'm very concerned that we have found this out so late with high school around the corner. My son is the dearest, sweetest spirit imaginable for a 13 year old boy. But he is also perceived as unmotivated, underachieving, and socially young. I just want to help him.