I attended a lecture years ago about this topic. And one of the things discussed was how to deal with young kids touching themselves in the privates or masturbating. It can start at 1, the latter. And she mentioned talking to them about how it feels good but we do these things in private. So I always used regular names for body parts though it does get into the "bathroom humor" stage.

And someone's analogy about farm kids and animals was well put, but I think there is also peer pressure. Did anyone see an article, it was in a Parent's magazine here, that kids grades -- as they get older -- are reflective of who their peers are, rather than parental influence. Not saying 100% of kids, since some are leaders, but maybe it is the same for sexual experimentation or drugs.

But I do agree that talking with your child early and honestly, as my mother talked to me about sex, not the mechanics, but how it can be pleasureable, but also the consequences as a woman, the pregnancy, being a mother young, and I did not have sex early.

Ren