Originally Posted by passthepotatoes
http://www.amazon.com/Its-Not-Stork-Families-Friends/dp/0763633313/ref=pd_sim_b7 This is part of a longer series of books. It is recommended for ages 4-8 - big span and of course it will depend on the family. This is not a book for people who prefer to avoid giving their kids information, but if you are comfortable with biological information we found this series to be a good one.

Opinions will vary but I come down strongly on the side of providing information. Sex is an important part of life. Being evasive can give kids the message that sex is something that is shameful and that you aren't a reliable source of information. Too many kids rely on peers (or the Internet) for information and when that happens you've lost the opportunity to be a source of influence. If you want your fourteen year old to talk to you - answer your four year old's questions.

thanks have ordered the book.

I do want to answer him the next time he asks, but I want to be able to do it in a factual way. I don't think he is ready for the emotional side of things. I am leaning towards pointing out that it's only something Adults do, preferably married ones with someone that they love and also wants a baby...

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)