Kriston, I could have written your post to the t, except perhaps the public school part. I feel I am in the same boat.

DS3 is gifted, but I don't think he is as gifted as DS5. I don't think he will be as good in math, I can sort of see him with very similar VIQ and PIQ scores and FIQ missing the DYS cut off by a few points. BTW I must be nuts thinking about DYS and DS3 at this point anyway.

Till DS3 turned 15 months or so when somebody commented on my older one, I used to think, wait, you haven't seen my younger one yet. He seemed like he would take right over him, but I don't see that anymore. He has his own path and it's impossible to compare the two. He is better in some things, but there are things where he seems ages behind, but no matter how I look at it, he doesn't seem that gt.

DS3 already keeps asking if he will be able to attend gifted weekend classes when he is 5. Fortunately the answer is yes, that part shouldn't be a problem. DYS gatherings may pose a problem, not now since he is not 5 yet, but later on.

Lately lots of things were about DS5 - testing, gifted program, DYS, looking for schools, hs, ... I feel bad about it, DS3 gets pushed aside and I really need to make sure that we are feeding his brain too.

Our DS3 too will attend Pre-K next year, at least I hope. As it is he is on another strike when it comes to attending his Montessori class. I am signing him up for a play preschool next year, the same one DS5 attended. Hopefully that will work better.

Summer, I think it's easier to explain to a girl that girls don't play football then to a sibling that he doesn't have the abilities to participate in gt program.

LMom