Oh Kriston - I'm with Ann. I just posted on the other thread, but just the few things you posted about your little guy sound GT. And the rampant emotionalism? He may be more visual-spatial than your other DS too, which might change the way he is learning to read. My son didn't read until 5 willingly and then it was an overnight sensation. He's really likely to be within ballpark of his brother.

I think it's ok to not be fair. Your parents were exactly like mine - they had to be fair all the time. And I just think that is too hard of a game to play. Every kid has different needs and when I'm not fair, I explain that and I give an example when I did something for kid A I didn't do for kid B. We're about to put this to the test because DS is about to get a new bike! And DD is about to get his cast off. And DS1 may be in DYS. But DS2 may be in a theatre club or something?

On homeschooling, I kind of feel the same way! My DD LOVES preschool (much more than DS ever did), but next year if it is her brother and I dropping her off I wonder if she's going to change her tune. When kindergarten rolls around for her, if she REALLY wants to homeschool and we're still doing it, it will be hard to say no. Even though I see her as a much harder kid to homeschool. DS could practically homeschool himself. Anyway - I am trying not to think more than 6 months out with kid #2 either and see how she plays out. My son changed so much between 3 and 5.