LOL, elh! Love the rocks story! And it sounds familiiar. The medical situation that required my vet trip: P ate yarn. Lots of it. She had to be opened up in 3 places to pull it all out of her! Not bright...And not a very convenient obsession for her to have, since I'm a diehard knitter...LOL!

OK, back to seriousness:

I have wondered about 2E issues quite a bit in the past year, actually. It seems too early to tell, so I'm still in wait-and-see mode. My 2E radar is definitely primed though. I don't want to seem like a GT-obsessed nut who thinks DS3 has got LDs because he's not reading at 3! But then again, I know that he's very probably GT and doesn't seem to be showing it, and 2E often presents as ND. *sigh* Worry and wait, wait and worry...

DS6 has virtually all the academic areas covered--he hasn't got a real weak spot academically, just a less-strong spot or two--so if DS3 is choosing to be GT differently, he'll probably do so in the creative arts. I do see some evidence of this. The kid's imagination is pretty out there! He was just telling me about making "bad-guy stew...with TWO bad guys in it!" laugh

I completely agree with the "fair does not equal same" philosophy. I guess I'm just struggling a bit with how to translate that noble philosophy into real life...

Now I'm off to read the article you suggested! Thanks!

Kriston