Well that sounds fairly iffy to me. I'm a trouble maker, but I think that I'd be requesting a meeting with the district GT coordinator in which I'd go in armed with whatever data you do have and ask for research that shows that the district "assessment for gifted students intelligence test" has been proven to be a reliable and valid test of intelligence.

Specifically, I'd like to see proof of convergent construct validity (the extent to which this test's scores correlate with the scores obtained on other valid measures of intelligence such as the WISC or SB). Face validity alone wouldn't do it for me and I also wouldn't accept content validity if the only people who were involved as experts speaking to the test looking for giftedness were educators. I'd want to see psychometricians involved in assessing content validity if that's the form they're claiming.

I doubt that you live anywhere near me, but I took tons of statistics classes in grad school and also have some experience with getting a district to change their GT identification procedures that excluded individual IQ tests (but no longer do). If you were close, I'd offer to come with you to add support.