Also, look at this
[Linked Image from i945.photobucket.com]

He just did this ten minutes ago in front of me. He's been telling me he doesn't know his letters lately an writing an n for a u, etc... I was actually about to pull out hooked on phonics letter cd from when he was 2 yrs old and remind him. On this worksheet he said, "how do you write a 2?" Then he wrote 7, I said no, that's an "r". Then he wrote the nine backwards and I didn't say anything. The I said "are u going to write the 2" because I saw what he was doing. I saw him try to write it backwards, pause, realize it was too hard, and write it right. I bust out laughing in his face and said, "ha! You thought u were going to write it backwards and you couldn't do it. Ha ha.". And he bust out smiling because he was busted when he was trying to be sneaky. I knew what he was doing because there's been a thread on here about it lately. Thank you other mamma's!
Sorry son, that doesn't mean you don't know your numbers and letters. It means you know them well.

But ok I'll stop and let someone with some older kid's answer. Just saying stick around because there's good advice and stories here.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar