You misunderstood. I was writing about cases I have read. The first one was a girl on Long Island who graduated stoney book at 14 and was profiled in the news.

My daughter is only 6, entering 2nd grade. I supplement with CTY math, to accelerate, and she does Chinese as extra, with Spanish at school. I find it hard to "homeschool" the extras with limited time and it is a pain. She is 2 grades ahead in her reading, provided by her teacher this year.

But I have a plan for a 4th grade skip, that I am working on, with providing CTY as a way to keep the math on the pace it is currently on. She is very strong in math.

And, she is an extrovert. Poster child for the kid that likes to socialize. Life would be very difficult without her having friends, play dates, and the sports to use up her energy. My 40 lb kid swims in the ocean waves, diving under constantly. She needs the energy usage. (Funny, her dog is the same)

Everyone has to find a path for their individual kid and as you proceed, the path usually changes. But I would not assume that because a kid is so highly gifted, success will be there. That is the big dilimema. The not as gifted kid, who knows how to play by the rules, doesn't question so much and has that nice work ethic can outsucceed our questioning kids.

Ren