Originally Posted by Weids13
The first step in evaluating a student for AIG acceleration services is to do an achievement test on grade level. **** met the criteria for that, so we proceeded with the next step--an above-grade-level test. However, she did not meet the critieria on that level so we were unable to continue the process.

-so from my understanding, they never did an IAS, as the district requires. they simply did a "component" of the score, and ruled it out based on that. Is this what you both gather???

Yup - that's what I read. I don't agree with their critieria for the above level test, and I would guess that it's based on a misreading of IASmanual of some kind. Will you be able to convinse them that their policy is wrong? Seems like an unproductive tack to take. Buy the manual, read the manual, understand the manual, then slowly guide the school.

In the meanwhile, this is one of those situations where I would be sorely tempted to 'have some fun learning Math' with DD so that when she is retested she scores as high as possible. They aren't playing fair, so why should you?

I do agree with Dottie, that getting an IQ test, from school or privately from someone who can act as an advocate, is a great next step.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com