I've been tryng to advocate for a subject acceleration in math for my 6 year old for a while. Last fall, they tested her, and used the IAS. She was at the beginning of first grade at the time, scored 99% on the end of first grade exam, but scored 69% on the end of second grade exam. They denied her, because they said the IAS requires a 75% on the second grade exam (which seems unfair, because she would still be bored if she knew 75% of what they were planning on teaching her).

My point and question is this. I was just doing some research on the Iowa Acceleration Scale to further advocate for next year, and realized that it is a WHOLE GRADE ASSESMENT. If she scores 34 or fewer poins, a single subject acceleration should be considered (and is what we are going for). They are ruling single subject acceleration out because she did not score above 60 points, presumably because of the 69 on the achievement test.

Has anyone had experience with the IAS and know what exactly the scale for the AAAA is? And has anyone had it used for single subject acceleration?

Our placement option plan calls for getting 10+ points on the AAAA, can anyone tell me how that breaks down? I requested a copy of her file, and the scale is not in there, nor was I ever asked to participate in the scale, which I believe is part of the criteria for the scale (that a parent be on the "team").