The scale says "do not consider WHOLE-GRADE ACCELERATION"... as the whole manual and book is written to determine whole grade acceleration, not single subject. We don't want whole grade.

but I gather that you are reading my district's policy to read that IN ADDITION to the IAS, they require a full IQ of 115+ (which would be no problem) AND a 75% of the accelerated grade level achievement...... ok, I can see that.... sort of.

I was reading it that they were merely explaining that the IAS would involve those factors, as they stated "Components of this score include"..... and then also include developmental factors, interpersonal skills, etc, but do not indicate what they have to be, but imply that the IAS will score that.

This is their GT program.... I realize math in elementary isn't supposed to be challenging, and I have 2 older ones in the "normal" GT program, that always needed but lacked "challenge". But this is different... she can help the older two with their homework.

I'm not too worried about her making a 75% this year. Everything she had known she had absorbed, nobody had really taught her. But there were things she wasn't exposed to, such as geometry and measurement, that she couldn't possibly have known. this year I made an effort to exposed her to a little bit more of that, so I think she will do fine. Now I am going to go for a 2 year acceleration. I know she could do it if I sat with her for two days and taught her the material.... just seems so counter productive to have to teach her math when all i want is for the school to actually teach her.