Nik,

You could be describing my BF's DD (turns 17 in May). They have had an uphill battle with her and we really didn't/don't know how she will do when she goes off to college, especially since she still has problems going to high school, yet she isn't rebelling, she just has lots of issues: depression, panic attacks, perfectionism, etc. From what I can tell about my BF's DD, she really REALLY wants to do good in school but due to her perfectionism she always ends up behind in something which then escalates causing her to withdrawal further and getting even more behind. She is PG. She took the SATs recently and had a perfect score in the Language Arts but was a little lower in Math which is her strongest subject. She does see a therapist which has helped, plus her school is a tiny prep school so she feels comfortable there. I love that her friends try their hardest to keep her on track. When she goes missing for a few days, they come out of the woodwork. Texts, phone calls, wall posts on her facebook acc't. And actually helps. In the past two years she has gotten a lot better but we still are concerned about college. I don't think a large school would work for her. I guess what I'm trying to say is look a little deeper. Is your daughter a perfectionist? Has she ever fallen behind before? Perhaps she needs to baby step into this. Is it possible for her to do some correspondent work before actually going to a college class? (Of course I'm assuming she was in fact taking this class at a college campus.)