Originally Posted by eco21268
I wonder how many parents of special needs kids actually have PTSD?

More than a few, I'd guess. This stuff changes your brain.

Do take care of yourself, including time off from this and enlisting all supports necessary.

Ironically, the whole idea behind this program is to insulate these highly gifted children from social stressors by placing them in a safe environment so they can be intellectually nurtured with their peers.

After you finish walking in circles shouting things (I sometimes do, facing irony like this) you may make a plan for using this in your negotiations.

The more I read about autism and NLD, etc., the more I think that's what I'm going to hear next week. On the one hand, that is scary and a huge paradigm shift. On the other, it will give me a better working model than the current ADHD dx which only fits to a certain point.

If it's the case, you can likely move from a 504 to an IEP, which will enable you to place better supports where they're needed and change teacher behavior. We've had great success adding a "behavior intervention plan" to an IEP-- not because it controls DS's behavior, but because it specifies in detail how teachers must respond when there's an issue. This prevents certain ugly things from happening and educates everyone.

There are a lot of legal tools available for fixing problems; you don't have to learn them all at once; for now just know they're there.