Wow, that was quick Cricket, thanks!
No, the test was when he was 8, he is now 14! It has been niggling at me for years that he seems much more "out of synch" with other kids than the FSIQ would suggest. I have been thinking about it a bit more lately since he seems to be underachieving in exams and doesn't seem able to effectively work the system to his advantage, if that makes sense?

I have never defined him by those numbers and although he knows he is gifted, we never wanted him to define himself by it either so he does not know "his IQ". The problem with having a report is that other people, i.e. schools do define him by those numbers. Having said that, we don't have any gifted programmes here so it's moot point! He is who he is, but sometimes I wish he could be happier with that...it will take him a long time for his body and emotions to grow into that adult mind of his. I wish I could make the wait more palatable for him.
You've helped me answer my own question I guess; it really doesn't matter what the scores say as long as someone understands him. Thanks!