Was he given this test recently? If not, do you know why they used the WISC III rather than the IV which has been out for years?

That aside, those are pretty broad ranges you were given. If we assume that his scores fell in the middle of the ranges, that would put his VCI around 133-134 or just into the 99th percentile. At the center point of the PRI range, we'd be looking at 123 and FSIQ, again at the mid-point of that range, would be 133-134. With those numbers, the GAI would be right around the same spot at the FSIQ.

I'd look at this two ways:

1) what was the range within tests and was this likely your ds' best performance; and
2) what does your neighborhood school system look like?

#1 I ask b/c my dd12 had similar scores with a slightly higher PRI as age 7.5 on the WISC-IV. For her, both the tester and everyone else who has ever taught dd seems to feel that it is a "minimal estimation" of her abilities, which was written into the report. She completely refused to do the block design test, handed the blocks back and said she couldn't do it when pressed to work quickly. That one score being in the 25th percentile radically changed her PRI total score as the other two parts of it were in the 99.9th and 99th respectively.

Wide variations w/in subtests tend to make the totals less reliable. If it doesn't look accurate for the child, I'd also be less likely to rely on one IQ score as the be all end all of a child's ability. We've never had major reason to retest dd's IQ but we do believe her to be HG and all of her achievement test scores and behavioral indices would support that. She's done well with a grade skip as well.

#2 I ask b/c, as Grinity has mentioned before, what constitutes "gifted" may vary from one neighborhood to another. A MG child in a school with a lot of kids who are very bright (90th-95th percentile, for instance) might do fine and fit into the gifted/accelerated classes with nothing further needed. A MG child whose grade peers are all average probably would not.