Originally Posted by Tall boys
Is it possible to set up a little experiment at school for the teacher implement? The teacher wants a respectful well behaved child, right? Well, if your child complies, what does he get out of it? Maybe more appropriate work? Everyone gives a little. Do you think the teacher would entertain the idea? Both the teacher and the child win at getting what they want or need.

Tall boys, I like your idea. I had thought about that maybe if he behaves well, his reward could be to go to the fifth grade's science class (he LOVES science). But then I started thinking that it still doesn't get to the core of the issue. So this afternoon I'm going to meet with his teacher and the school district's Talented and Gifted coordinator to ask for him to be skipped to 3rd grade for the rest of the year. I'm certain he could handle the content. And I figure that since he does fine for half the school year, he could start a new half of school year again right now.

I'm positive that this will be a HUGE uphill battle, mainly because the school principal is not open to grade skipping and their 3rd grade class is already full. But I'm feeling like a mama bear right now ready to fight, fight, fight (but of course in a respectful, productive manner!) for my little bear.