Originally Posted by paynted28
I would love to home school but would only be able to teach her after work which would mean that the time we have together would almost always be devoted to school work.

I'm wondering if you are vastly overestimating the amount of time that it takes to homeschool each day? Lots of learning activities are part of everyday life - cooking and cleanup and self-care can all have learning integrated into them. I'm thinking an hour of structured time a day would be a lot at this age. If that doesn't sound like much, ask your self how many minutes of learning she is getting at school at this point...

Some families do homeschooling on the weekends. The big question is 'who would do the child care while you are at work?'

OTOH, I'm not a fan of 'letting the school off the hook' for teaching your child. Afterall - you pay tax dollars like everyone else and it's in everyone's best interests to educate all kids at their readiness level. In the end your job is to do what is best for your kid, but I would spin the 'school advocacy wheel' a few more times. Afterall, they just did the testing and who knows how they will respond after that.

Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com