I spoke to DS' GT teacher yesterday. She said he is right on target where he needs to be and accelerating in areas in her class. She told me he was a very bright kid,a nd she really feels that the GT program is where he needs to be to enjoy school.

She told me a few stories that gave me some insight. First, I already knew, DS is still young. He's still immature. He is going to test his boundaries to see how far he can push the adults around him. Also, he feels like he has to prove something. She said when he got up to do a presentation on a project they were doing, he got shy and started acting silly, talking really soft, and all in all pretty much clammed up. Not so much he felt intimidated, he did the presentation, but he got shy (my kid shy?! seriously??)

She told me that for a young first grader, in his first year of GT, and being noticed as a gifted child, he is exactly where he needs to be with everything from behavior, to learning, to overcomming his shyness.

They have SEVERAL words they use in the class, that he would have never seen outside of the program. They see these words every day and in their projects they have to do these things (elaborate, transform, and several others)

Overall I was very pleased with the conversation we had, and that he is infact benifiting from the program.

Last edited by AmberJewelCR; 11/18/10 09:00 AM.