I forgot to mention that on ds7's report card, the only "black" mark was under "talks at appropriate times". He has a blurting problem - had the same problem in 1st grade, but as soon as I heard about it and talked with him about it, he stopped. I have heard NOTHING this year, until seeing his report card. I asked his teacher about it - and she said it was the sole reason he was not this quarter's "Top Dog" in his class (they choose a child from each class in each grade to be "Top Dog" - have a special assembly to announce it etc). To my son it is a very big deal (he was Top Dog one quarter in 1st grade). In one way, I wish his teacher had told me about the blurting so I could nip it in the bud - and he would've had a chance at Top Dog. On the other hand, I'm kind of pleased she didn't - this way, he'll go out of his way to quit the blurting so he can be Top Dog next time smile
On the grading - I just realised that in 3rd grade they get letter grades - and he goes to 3rd grade for math - so not sure what will happen with that. Guess I'm slow on the uptake this year LOL