Originally Posted by Mama22Gs
Originally Posted by shellymos
Maybe I am a weird mom but I am looking forward to some 3's someday in the academics (and dreaming of 4's in the organization and behavior areas).

If you're weird, then at least you have company. I have the same dreams. They are accompanied by visions of a huge smile on DS's face for his sense of accomplishment, and because he knows where his homework is in the morning. wink

DS got all S's (Satisfactory) on his behavior for the week (title 1 school, so they have to report weekly progress). Anyway, he's had so many issues with P's (progressing) over the past 9 weeks. I was in tears I was so happy to see the S's!!! So, you are definitely NOT alone.

I was shocked at the 2 (progressing) in Art based on what the standards were for the first quarter... The standards change each quarter. DS got all 3s, which is the meets and less 3+s (exceeds) this year than last. But I'm not sure if that's because of the teacher or because of him... ya know? Letter grades at least give you a score based on individual test scores, etc... I think the meets & exceeds can be subjective depending on the teacher. If someone gets all the answers right on a math test, it's a 3. But the teacher can give a 3+ too.

I am rambling now... carry on.