Hi lovemylife.

Wow, this is a hard one. I don't really have any answer, but thought I'd offer my own experience (though I am a women).

I met a man when I was 17 who was 10 years my senior. We had a really fulfilling relationship until a year later when I met my husband, also 10 years my senior - who I have now been with for 13 years, married to for 10. Both these men are also extremely intelligent, so they were probably still more mature than most men their age, even at that stage. My husband and I are still very happy. I was simply never attracted to guys my age or interested in what they had to say.

Having said that I would go by your gut - not thinking about her age, does this woman seem to genuinely care about your son and have his interests at heart? Or is there something (other than age), perhaps in her behaviours, that makes you think that this is not quite right?

And perhaps it's worth just letting your son know your concerns and then (if you don't think there is anything too significant to worry about), leave him to it. If you do have strong concerns then that is another matter and one I don't know I feel qualified to speak about.

Others might have different views to mine and if I was in your circumstance, despite my experience, I suspect I would still have some concerns too. But these kids are so different to the norm. I'm certainly not as smart as your son, but even for me - I just couldn't have countenanced having a relationship with someone my age or close to it. To me they just seemed so young (and frankly, clueless)!

Last edited by Kvmum; 09/21/10 12:51 PM.