Originally Posted by kcab
think I should focus more energy on finding satisfying work for myself...

((hugs))kcab!

If it were either/or then sure, focus on work, but if you are like me, I was wasting about 2 hours a week looking for lost items, or distracting myself with computer/sleep/who knows what because I was so low energy from how guilty I felt about the messiness of my house.

I'm really not planning to spend more than 10 minutes a day on this project - not counting the minijobs that almost do themselves while I'm waiting for the water to boil, the computer to boot up, waiting for DH to 'be right there.' (will probably spend more time posting and reading about it than doing it - LOL)

The funny thing is that even with my feminist consiousness, I still feel dragged down and like I want to hide if the house is a mess, and a bounce in my step if the house looks inviting. So the energy I spend on loving the home gets paid back two fold, at least. Not to mention the extra time I have not that 'hunting for car keys' isn't a daily activity.

And when I do lose things, I know that after the 2nd place I look, if they aren't there, they are 'really gone.' That cuts the hunt short and is a big timesaver. Plus I no longer have the experience that every place I look is such a mess that it takes forever to check there and I feel more and more hopeless and out of control over how stuffed those drawers are.

I don't know if this sounds familiar, Kcab, but seriously, if there is anything that you feel like you really should be putting more energy into, but aren't then there is a pretty good chance that your energy is being drained away somewhere. An out of control physical environment is a pretty common energy drian.

Hugs and More Hugs,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com