Here's a few ideas to research,how is it done and prove the benefits.

I'd like to see a Mentor Program or Online learning for some kids that need it. Let the kids out of some of the work they don't need to do this. How about an interactive class with kids across the nation. There needs to be a way to bring this into the school so that it is easy for the teachers and the school to manage and afford.

Test kids to see what level they are and let the kids move to the correct level classes during the school day. This would be a new scheduling system. Some how school need to learn it's good for the kids to do this. When some of the kids get done at a faster pace give them the option of something fun to learn or do.

Get kids more involved with nature/earth. I think this should be mostly outside of text book. Have them plant a garden or greenhouse and use this for the school cafeteria then study the economics and nutrition or learn to cook. Hike and learn about the variety of birds.

I think kids should have more exercise at school. Why not support this by combining Math with exercise or Dance in music class. Could each day start with some yoga at their seats.

I'd like to see more learning across subjects. Ex. learn about Mexico, cook the food, hear the music, act out a legend in a play, art project - clay pot, write a story related. I think the benefits of learning this way would be great to research.