Srry NoNo - maybe I'm misremembering ((shrug))

I don't have Ruf's book in front of me, nor all of TT's posts - here's an early one:
http://giftedissues.davidsongifted....level_does_this_sound_lik.html#Post62742

I think might be misremembering that TT's DD was 'reading-reading' as a young 2 year old. I think this is unusual amoung DYS. I don't think it's the only criteria for giftedness. My son read at age 6, so maybe it overly impresses me.

But more than the milestones, it's the quality of memory from that thread, that makes me think this little one is a solid 3, or more. DYS is by no means soley populated with 5s. Anyway, I'm not sitting there with the book and a highlighter, sadly, that's TT's job, and yours too.

Funny story: I read 'Genius Denied' while trying to figure out what was up with my little one. I was looking for any excuse to deny giftedness. I read the story about the boy who nibbled cheese into the shapes of US states at age 2. I breathed a sigh of relief - my son certianly never did that! So I decided that my son must not be more than 'regular gifted.' Logical? Not really. A few years later we got the test scores and applied to YSP. And I laughed at myself.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com