Originally Posted by Prissy
On other thing I think I've mentioned on this board before. Regardless of how the meeting goes - i suggest that you write a letter formally requesting exactly what you want. Under Florida law, the school is basically required to give you what you want (a full grade acceleration to 3rd, or whatever else you think is appropriate and ask for) or justify and document why they won't (that's a little simplistic, but close enough for discussion purposes).

Has the formal letter request been completed? I've basically learned that no matter how rude school folks can be at a meeting, that there is no telling when they are going to do a 180 degree turn and act like it was their idea all along. I have certainly been in your shoes, and experienced the pain of being attacked at a school meeting, but I would still reccomend taking this last step if you haven't already. People are funny, and the Gifted Coordinator seems like a total gem.

Wouldn't it be cool to let your son try both settings and see which he prefers? Has school already let out for the year, or can he visit the local school sometime soon?

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com