Thanks everyone. smile

Poor little Bear has been through so much testing at this point. He does have a definite diagnosis of SID and I've had three unrelated professionals tell me he isn't on the autistic spectrum (although I'm watching that one as he gets older). I've had so many places tell me: yes, there is something wrong and no, we can't help you right now. Even had the school district tell me that almost as soon as he hits school he'd get an IEP if he continues like he is, but that there is nothing they can do now since he isn't autistic or speech delayed or motor delayed or etc...

We actually don't go to Music Together to find friends. Friends are a very specific and rare commodity for Bear. He has one boy his age that he gets along with well and I think that is mainly because that boy has a nerve issues that makes him unable to walk. Due to that he's a lot more "in his head" and imaginative than most kids their age. He also doesn't do much in the way of sudden movements!

The reason we started the class was because we knew Bear would have to function in groups eventually and this was about the gentlest introduction we could come up with. Add to that the fact he is very musical I still think it's a good thing for him. He likes the classes for the most part while he's there, just the movement parts throw him. He's gotten SO much better since we started last year. We almost quit the first after the first session we did. He wouldn't take his shoes off or let go of me for the entire session.

It just hurts me that he has such a strong reaction to other people at such a young age. We've done everything we can to help him be comfortable with people.