Originally Posted by Polly
Also if you are reading, LMom can you tell a little more detail about how you arranged with the private school to have your child attend some classes... did they adjust tuition significantly? What classes do your children go to? How is it socially for them to attend part of the time?

The school had an ad in the local hs newsletter. While the ad didn't mention homeschoolers I thought it was worth asking about. They were open to the idea even though they tried to sell me a full time enrollment first, of course wink The tuition is adjusted almost proportionally. Last year we paid 1/5 of the tuition, this year is a little bit more as they lowered the f/t tuition.

We chose the days based on the class schedule. Most of the academics are done in the morning. The afternoons are reserved for drama, art, dance, PE, music, story time, etc. The kids go there for lunch, recess, drama, music, art, snack, another recess and a little bit here and there. It works pretty well for us.

The school is very small. There are only a few children in the k-1 and 2nd-3rd classrooms which I think helps. One of the schools top priorities is making sure that the kids get along well. So far it has been working fine socially. I do worry that this may stop at some point but so far so good.

PM if you want more details.

LMom