7 weeks is too long for the homeschooling groups. I wouldn't be patient about that either. I'm betting either the groups aren't active anymore or your requests got lost. frown

Personally, I try not to think past 6 months to a year in advance for my kids because what works for them changes too fast.

I know families with HG+ kids who float between public school/private school/homeshooling as often as on a semester-by-semester basis. They have great kids who learn well and are happy--none the worse for the changes. smile If they find something that works, they stick with it, of course, but they focus on the "what works now" rather than trying to plan for high school when the kid is 5. There's just too much that is unknown about the future.

In that vein, even though we're homeschooling, I always keep my eyes open for schools that look like they would work because there's no guarantee that homeschooling will work forever for us. If nothing else, puberty often means that kids want to go back to school. We all have to be ready to adapt, I think.

IMHO, if you haven't found good social opportunities for your child, that's a significant strike against homeschooling for you. Kids do need that social time. It's usually not hard for homeschoolers to get, but it is important. If you can't find it, then you need to figure something out, one way or another.

So I guess my vote is "what works now." I think that's all you can focus on, really.

FWIW...

Kriston