Hi,

I have a DS11. We do not know if he is gifted. My husband and I are, and we also have a MG DS5.5 and a HG+ DD8.

I've posted in another thread about the testing history of our DS11 and that we are about to get his evaluated again to see if he might be 2e.

But, I wanted to ask if any of you have experience with kids who have attention deficits, but who are not hyperactive.

DS11 has never been overly active. He is very tactile and loves to touch things, but can definitely sit and attend to things appropriately. However, it takes him hours to do homework that takes others an hour, not because he can't do the work but because he gets distracted. His teacher says that he is often just half-way through his tests when the other students are turning things in. And by distracted I mean not just with things around him, which really seems to be less of a problem, but with his own thoughts. My nephew has always said that my DS seems to "have a party in his brain" and this couldn't be more true. His teacher said that perhaps he is just immature, but no one has ever mentioned that before and I really don't think that's true.

Have any of you had experience with this?

TIA!

She thought she could, so she did.