((Off Topic Alert))

Hola Isa!
I espeak espanglish tambien. ((grande smile))
Are there any favorita writers about gifted who are primo-ly writing in Spanish?

I'm a native english speaker, but my Mother was very into using Latin based words instead of the Anglo-Saxon words. When I started my current job, where espanglish is the main language, I felt so 'at home' because I could stop translating my mental "Latin-based English" into "Angle-Saxon-based English" and just shift my prononciation a bit. I could stop worrying that if I used the first word that came to mind I would sound pretensious. What a treat! I guess this belongs under "Gifted Baggage."

Ok, back to Topic, DD4.
golly! She is not bilingual - She is Trilingual. She is talking Dutch to her friends? (I'll bet she knows some English words also - make that Quatralingual, no?) Good for her! What does she think about all the talking? Does she have words for how each groups talks? I know nothing about this, but there must be an internet group of "raising multilingual children" out there, some experts would be nice also!

Perhaps if she isn't talking about it, you could get her talking about the whole thing by asking about this in relation to her little brother. What "taling" does he understand best? Which of his words belong to which "talking" - does she think he will learn more Spanish first or more Dutch?

I would ask to sit down with the school and request that she be allowed to spend some time with the older kids and see if that helps. An alternative is to keep her home longer, but tell me, are you trying to teach her to read in Dutch? Is that her strongest language?

Smiles,
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com