What is Wings? I talked to the school about DD screening results. The screening showed that she was in the 99th percentile. It was not a full test just a sample of how she would do. The person I talked to said that she has already qualified for the gifted services and will be participating in a program called wings in K and 1st, as well as a reading group. She said that DD should definitely go to Kindergarden sooner than later. After 6 weeks we will have a meeting to see how things are going. After talking to her screening person Kindergarden is a good step but it might not be enough to keep her engaged.

The people I have talked to at the school and in the community have been very helpful. They seem to know about a lot of the current research. We are trying to move into this community in the near future. When I run errands there I don't get glares when my kids do something GT, and people are friendly and actually come up to us and say hello. We also have family in the area. Hopefully this will be a good fit for us, and the school will work for DD.