I have the Well Trained Mind. That is about the most structured homeschooling book I've read. I think there are pieces you can pull from there, but certainly the age ranges can be totally skewed for GT kids. I do use Story of the World as a base for history (but usually we do considerably more from library books or internet research). Some of the hands on projects seem great for my PreK kid, but my 2nd grader would laugh in my face if I insisted he did some of this stuff.

I do think Creative Homeschooling by Lisa Rivero is a helpful book! Well worth a look.

What we do looks very eclectic and almost unschooling sometimes. We have a math curriculum that we use daily. Other than that, we do have a science and history curriculum, but we diverge from that a lot. We journal and using Writing without Tears. I require minimally piano, math, reading, and writing every day. My son has picked up some programming, some typing, had a lot more time to read on his own. He was in a chess club, built his own board game over several months, etc. I was really worried about his writing skills this year, but we have come quite a ways actually and he has written a few fiction stories that have given me hope (he'd be a 2nd grader this year).

My homeschooling philosophy is as long as he is learning something, learning something incrementally (learning how to learn), and could be dropped back into the public school at grade level at least we're doing ok. We've gotten through almost 3 years of math this year and we really aren't trying. That's 20-30 minutes of math (sometimes less if it's an easy unit) usually 4 or 5 times a week (when we have co-op we skip it). He figures about 90% out on his own. I guess my point is that GT kids are pretty easy to teach. Especially if you can hone into their learning style and let them own it.

We're using Singapore for math. Which I really like for my son. I love that they throw in plenty of really challenging problems.

Good luck! I'm sure it will be great!