Beth, my children are currently dual enrolled which means they take language arts seperately from the school and are at the school for lunch, recess, specials, science/social studies and math.

That sounds terrific! Unfortunately that is not an option in our district. frown

Is her current teacher willing to let her do different math?

I believe they start this in 3rd grade. Right now she gets a math pullout one day a week where they do logic puzzles and introduction to more advanced concepts, but that's it. And just to make things more complicated her regular teacher is actually out on maternity leave and will be gone until the first of May. We have had several issues with the long term sub, but I think things may finally be settling down.

One other thought: you say that she has poor social skills. Is that with kids her own age, or with ALL people?

You know, that's a good question. She actually is at her worst with younger kids and kids around her own age. She does pretty well with kids a fair bit older than her, say 11/12 (she is 7). She gets along great with the 6th grade older sister of one of her friends. Adults do often find her behavior frustrating in groups, but one on one she does very well. It's more that in group and/or chaotic situations she gets all riled up and then can't seem to get herself back under control.

Mom to DD9 and DD3