You have my sympathy, Beth! I hope you have better luck than we did with teachers - in my experience it all comes down to them, especially if you're not planning on seeking a skip (I understand your reasons for that).

Is her current teacher willing to let her do different math? If so, you could offer to provide and correct it yourself, so as to avoid creating extra work for the teacher. (That is, if YOU have the time for it!) Same goes for other subjects too, of course - can your daughter bring books from home for silent / free reading times?

Another thought - is subject acceleration used at the school? It was the first thing ds's school tried with him (in kindergarten, he went to 2nd every day for reading), and it did give some relief from the boredom of 'letter of the week'. If the G/T program doesn't start till 3rd, and (more importantly) if it is as limited as at ds's school -- only 30 min./week each for reading and math -- subject acceleration is essential for a child as gifted as your dd.