DS6 requested around Christmas "could the teacher at least give him harder homework!". Luckily, though, she agreed - even though they have so far turned down grade skip. She let us make it up, and even approved of our choices. However, now I almost feel guilty for giving the "extra work" - unless DS6 is in his happy "I want to do it mode" - and therein lies the key. I have to say teacher even let him submit those invisible ink pen puzzles, in addition to some first grade Math, English and "what your kid should know by first grade" work. You'd think they would take the hint - but no! We even included Grade 2-3 Dorling Kindersley Math - another hint- STILL no Grade skip! Writing is the big monster I can't get around - and I've yet to try typing. So, instead we tried dictation at a coffee shop 3 weekends ago. However, I realised that as he was waiting for me to write down what he said, he made his story shorter than it would have been otherwise. So now we are using vidoe camera to capture story on any topic of interest, and part II will be "type or write" it down - possibly in stages! Push to replace boring homework I say!!

Last edited by IronMom; 03/13/09 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling