I have been pondering my feelings about a grade skip since the beginning of 1st grade. While I am unsure of the unkown and the immediate effects it would have on our ds at the moment I still think it would be beneficial. So my next rambling paragraph is going to sound inconsistant.

I know this sound's illogical but he is one of my babies. If grade skipped he will be graduating high school sooner and will be going to college a year earlier. Will he be able to handle the stress of college and be mature enough to handle all that college entails? What about high school? All his classmates will be a year older than him. Therefore have a year more of experiences, peer pressures, and driving before him. Will girls in his graduating class not want to date him cause he is younger?

I know I sound like a mother hen and that I am putting alot of importance on the social aspect. But in day to day living it is important that you have good self esteem and feel you fit in. It is important to know how to deal with the person that bullies you and how to make compromises with freinds and family. Life is about so much more then academics you also have to navigate through it.

Maybe I am still in denial. Thank you for responding Grinity and Tiz. There isn't any harm in asking for the exam and talking things over with the committee. You all will hold my hand though right. I am bound to get cold feet again.