So sorry about your experience. I wish I had words of advice about retesting, but I don't know about that. Because DS seems so highly gifted to us, we decided to go with a psychologist from the Hoagies site. The downside is that she doesn't accept insurance unless she is ruling out some sort of disability (which is not the case with us). But she lives close and we have decided that this is an investment and we are going to make it worth. Not worth it us to just go with a tester because they are a bargain (but in most other things I am a big bargain shopper, LOL). We have already met with her and talked with her several times on the phone, she is quite supportive and we haven't even paid her yet. We are starting the testing in a few weeks. She scheduled 4 half days to do all his testing incase he needs more frequent breaksj, which I think is great. And she is going to observe him for a full morning at his pre-k and speak with his teacher too. She has told us that she does a very comprehensive assessment and goes into much detail from her testing. So we feel good about this. We haven't done the testing yet, but so far I think she is great.

I think good recommendations are very important...just because someone thinks that they are good with gifted children doesn't mean that they are good at it. Think about how many teachers think they are good with kids. Some truly are, and some truly aren't.