Thanks for the post/warning; we are looking around for testing right now. I had one sort-of recommendation, but this dr. asked for the full fee up front, and I could work with insurance; not ideal. In the end she was just rubbing me the wrong way and I did *not* get a 'cares about kids' feeling, more of a scientist, please pay here and we will check out the specimen for you based on the 'questions you decide you want answered'.

I am still looking in va., I found another clinical psych who sounded fantastic over the phone, very knowledgeable, nice, etc. Unfortunately *out of network* for insurance. I found another Dr. just today who sounded very solid, specializes in working with kids. He is out of town for a few days but when he gets back I will ask about his experience working with gifted kids. He was nice enough to call me back from out of town, so I figure that is at least one plus in his column.

Doc, were there any things you saw up-front that now you think might have been 'red flags' to avoid?

Hopefully the program your child is applying to will look at more than scores; I have experience in submitting work samples for my ds to apply for his current prog., and it did seem to make a diff. where there was a slight gap between scores he got and scores they 'like/need' to see. Perhaps some work samples would help in your daughter's case? You should definitely speak with the program folks about that.

Last edited by chris1234; 02/05/09 06:48 PM.